Do I need to sign up for an account?
No, as a patient you actually don’t need to create an account with us to see your provider. You can simply go to your providers url (https://doxy.me/drmichaelfleischer). You will check in and your provider will start the call when they are ready.
Is this secure?
All data is encrypted, patient sessions are anonymous (we don’t know who you are) and no patient info is stored persistently. We use the AES cipher with 128-bit keys to encrypt audio/video, and HMAC-SHA1 to verify data integrity.
Is this free? What is the cost?
Doxy.me is free for your provider to use. The cost of the appointment would be decided between you and your provider.
How do I get rid of an echo?
The following steps should be done by you and your provider:
- Use headphones
- Reduce the volume of speakers
- Move the microphone away from the speakers
How can I improve video quality?
- Restart your computer: restart your computer before your first call.
- Wifi: be close to your wifi router, make sure no other parties on the network are using up the bandwidth, and you don’t have a lot of browser windows open.
- CPU/GPU usage: ensure no high intensity programs are running on the computer.